Saturday, January 14, 2006

Carol's books

I've been trying for over a month now to put to paper a contribution for my friend Carol's next book.
Her first book, A Patchwork of Comforts, is a collection of contributions from real people about the simple things they incorporate into their lives to deal with stress, and to just generally get more out of life. The book she's working on now is going to be a collection of ideas about the kinds of grief people experience, and how they deal with their grief.

You can probably tell from my disjointed ramblings here that I'm not a "writer". In fact, I think I write pretty badly. But I'm finally sending my contribution, such as it is, to Carol. It's like pulling teeth trying to get a writing assignment out of me!

Anyway, since she's still got the request on her website, I don't suppose she'd mind me mentioning that she's looking for contributions. You've all experienced some grief: death of a friend or family member, divorce, loss of a job, loss of health, loss of independence, loss of a dream ... and the insight you've gained in dealing with your own losses could be of value to somebody experiencing a loss of their own.

No comments: