Thursday, July 12, 2007

4th of July ~ Rafting the McKenzie

I can't remember how long it's been since I was on a rafting trip. I remember a trip with an OSU group, also on the McKenzie, 7 or 8 years ago?! I love rafting, but apparently not enough to pay the price and drive the distance. And Gregg just isn't generally into sports that involve getting wet.

But you never know when or how opportunity will strike. We'd been having a hot spell here. A few days of hot weather ... nothing to get very worked up about. So when I called a new mountain biking friend to invite her on a mountain bike ride ... and she invited us to join her on a rafting trip with a bunch of cyclists instead ... we jumped at the opportunity. I'm so glad! As it turns out, I was getting sick. And rafting isn't nearly as much work as mountain biking. So instead of suffering in the heat for a few hours, we spent half the day floating down the river. And even with the relatively small fitness requirement, by the end of the day I was WIPED OUT! I actually fell asleep during our neighbors' fireworks displays, and slept through all of it with the bedroom windows open! A damned miracle.

So rafting was a perfect activity for the day ... and an excellent chance for all of us cyclists to do something different!

Here's some photographic evidence ... http://michelleportera.blogspot.com/index.html#1015637143937649641

Now ... off to get changed and meet the ladies for our Thursday night MTB ride!

No comments: